Monday, September 27, 2010

The english language confuses me

I know it sounds weird but sometimes the English language does confuse me. The other night at the bar some one there asked me the difference between breath and breathe. They were sending a text and didn't know which one to use.
They thought I would know but as soon as they asked me I had no idea. Usually I know this stuff, I'm pretty decent when it comes to grammar and stuff but I just didn't know and I made a mental note to look it up after work. Otherwise it was going to bother me like crazy.
So I finally figured it out.
Breath - the air inhaled or exhaled in respiration. Example: Take a deep breath.
Breathe - to take air into the lungs. Example: Give me a chance to breathe.
I feel better and I learned something!

No comments:

Post a Comment