Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lets play what is is!

About a month and a half ago (or so) this bump appeared on the inside of my lip. I didn't think much of it and thought it would go away on its own. (No such luck)
I asked a few people what they thought it would be and they said a cold sore. (I thought that was a little odd since it was on the inside of my lip) But since I didn't know what it was I went with it. I get cold sores about once a year so I called my regular doc to send me a prescription. (No luck with that)
So I asked my father what he thought it was and he told me a canker sore. I called my doc to get a prescription for that but I was told I had to come in since I didn't call it in within 24 hours of getting the canker sore. (Didn't want to have to do that but I wanted this thing gone)
I went in a couple days later for my appointment. I did the regular routine - sign papers, wait, get weighed in, give the usual details to the nurse, wait for the doctor.
My doctor finally came in to see me. She strapped on some gloves and took a look. She pressed down on it and around the area and asked if it hurt. After saying no she took off the gloves and thought for a moment.
She wasn't really sure what it is but told me I needed to go to a dermatologist. So after talking to my sister about her dermatologist I got the number and made an appointment.
I now have an appointment next Monday and I cant wait to find out what it is and get it taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment